The method of placing All on 4 dental implants involves the use of just four implants which positioned in specific places on the jawbone, to maximise the existing bone quality; this eliminates the need for additional advanced techniques such as a bone graft. The implants are placed on the jawbone and attached to teeth restorations within the same day, making it possible for a person to enjoy the benefits of an implant treatment in a shorter period of time compared to a conventional implant treatment.
An All on 4 dental implant treatment at the Dental Implant Group London can secure loose dentures. The minimally-invasive technique results to a shorter healing period and downtime for the patient, who can return to normal activities shortly after the procedure. The implants also prevent jawbone deterioration, since they stimulate the bone and replace lost natural tooth roots.
Steps in an All on 4 Dental Implant Treatment
1. Initial consultation with Dr. Balwant Vekaria at the Dental Implant Group, to discuss the implant treatment procedures and your suitability for All on 4 implants. This is also when images will be obtained with a dental X-ray or a dental CT scan, to help with the treatment planning.
2. Existing dental problems (tooth decay, gum problems) will be treated before the actual implant placement.
3. Implants are attached to the jawbone, and then attached to temporary teeth restorations (dental crowns or dentures), in one dental appointment.
4. A healing period of 2-4 months will be needed for the implants. This is also the time when the permanent teeth restorations are created in a laboratory to match existing natural teeth, for a natural-looking smile.
5. After the healing period, an impression of the implants inside the mouth is taken to be used as a guide to finalising the teeth restorations (dental crowns).